Linemen often have questions about the products or services we offer. Here you can get answers to some of the most commonly asked questions. If you’re looking for something specific, feel free to contact our customer support team for additional information.
What Equipment Do You Recommend for a Lineman?
There are four important pieces of equipment that every lineman should have in his arsenal, and these are:
- Climbers: These devices are worn on linemen’s legs and equipped with sharp claws that sink into the wood. Climbers usually feature a contoured shank, offset stirrup, dowel & screw, etc.
- Lineman belt: Such belts are specialized and designed to keep the lineman attached to a utility pole while working. They come in numerous types such as fixed or float belts and the one you select should be determined by the movement range you desire along with the specific task.
- Lineman boots: This footwear is highly durable yet comfortable and provides the support needed to climb and remain on poles for hours.
- Hand tools: By having a range of hand tools, such as bolt cutters, wire brushes, hammers, pliers, screwdrivers, and more, the lineman will always be prepared to take on any job. Linemen need to use insulated tools to protect themselves from electric shock.
Which Equipment Do You Have For Fall Protection?
We have three primary categories, which are:
- Tower harness: These systems are designed for suspension work. It is ideal for linemen who need to move around structures a lot. They have shoulder pads and wide leg pad for ease of use.
- Lanyards: Lanyards and straps are designed to decelerate and absorb shock while providing a complete body harness. They are to be used when working within surfaces such as buckets or baskets or ascending utility poles.
- Limiters: These equipment contain a drum-wound line that can be extracted or retracted from the drum during normal movement. During a fall, they automatically latch the drum and stop the fall.
What Is Your Refund Policy?
Customers have fourteen days to exchange or return every piece of merchandise from their purchase date. No refunds will be made available after the fourteen-day period has passed. Additionally, it must be mentioned that certain goods, like headgear, are not subject to refunds or exchanges due to sanitary procedures and policies. There is also merchandise that will be given a restocking charge. If you’re not certain about a specific product you’ve purchased, be sure to contact our sales team. Every sale is final for safety glasses.
How Are Your Products Shipped?
We primarily use USPS (United States Post Office) Priority mail along with UPS. These organizations will only ship during business days as scheduled. You’ll need to refer to them if there are delays due to weather or other issues. Additionally, when selecting the shipping service you want, please wait about one to two business days for the items to actually be sent out. Once the items have been shipped from us, it is the postal service that will be responsible for customer packages.
Contact JY Products today to learn more about the many products we offer!